NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR INTERNSHIPS!
Parisi Xcel Performance and Fitness offers Sports Performance and Fitness internships offering participants an opportunity to work along side our team to learn and practice our system.
The Parisi Xcel Performance and Fitness Internship for college students is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience that will dramatically improve your coaching skills. You’ll have an opportunity to work in a dynamic integrated model of youth sports performance, and adult fitness training. Under the supervision of the Parisi XPC Performance team, you’ll participate in coaching a variety of youth sports performance and adult fitness clients including high school, collegiate and professional athletes.
College Interns follow a detailed educational curriculum covering every aspect of the Parisi XPC system, including assessment, program design, and coaching skills. Weekly staff in-services and one-on-one learning experiences are scheduled throughout the internship covering a variety of topics each week.
For our High School Interns, we give you the opportunity to complete any volunteer hours you may need to complete as well as the chance to learn about the sports performance and fitness industry and mentor younger athletes.
We offer three internships throughout the year:
Hours vary based on time of year but include a variety of times including Saturdays, early morning, and evening hours. At times during the sports seasons we are open until as late as 9:00 PM.
We accept both full-time and part-time positions, though prefer full time applicants. If you have any scheduling restrictions, please disclose them while applying.
All internships are unpaid and participation does not necessarily entitle the participant to a job at the conclusion of the internship
- Proper knowledge of common self myofascial release, mobility, dynamic warm up, exercise progressions, and training techniques
- Strong desire to advance yourself skills
- Eagerness and open mindedness in learning the Parisi XPC System
- Good people skills, communication skills, and professional presentation to allow interactions with clients, parents, coaches, and other Parisi team members
- Ability to assist in day to day operations including sales, and administrative tasks
- Uphold all of the Parisi XPC Core Values at all times
Minimum Qualifications for College Interns
- First Aid/CPR certification that is valid for the duration of the internship
- Able to participate in entire duration of internship for 40 hours per week, including the potential for weekend, morning, and evening hours as needed
- CSCS, NASM, ACE, CFSC certification or similar preferred but not mandatory
- Exercise-related college degree preferred but not mandatory
Minimum Qualifications for High School Interns
- Going into Junior or Senior year
- Reliable transportation